Ahh… That feeling of ticking a box on the To-Do list is so so satisfying.
Today’s To-Do list looked a bit like this:
- Make a banana and kale smoothie for breakfast
- Cover 90 school books (I’ve been putting this one off for a week)
- Read ‘100 Ideas for Surviving Your First Year of Teaching‘
- And make a blog about it
- Design classroom
- Sleep before 00:00 (it is currently 23:22 so we’ll see)
- Revisit goals
- Have a break
- Plan the week ahead
What I’m grateful for today:
- Having my sister back.
- I think those 18 days apart have made us appreciate each other more. We have breakfast together, do the laundry together, share the chores without grumbling – it’s fantastic! 🙂
- My uni friend who is also a teacher now.
- We’ve been catching up on instagram, and she’s been giving me some moral support on going about these holidays before I launch as a full time classroom teacher.
- Not having to spend any money.
- Staying at home means that unless you are buying things off the internet, you are essentially not having to pay for anything else (apart from the bills). I need to save every penny I can to buy teaching resources when I need it! My teacher friend advises me to buy a staple gun for my classroom…
- Being able to get things done.
- I’m so good at procrastinating. I could have covered 30 books and dealt with the remaining 90 tomorrow and spread it out across the week. Thank God I didn’t. Tomorrow I know I’m going to be thanking myself (and my sister) for just doing it.
- Getting the groceries done yesterday.
- I didn’t have to go out today, and I had ingredients to cook up some healthy meals, which in turn is helping me achieve my goal to be healthier this year!
23:34 – Out